By using this website or subscribing to the shopfurniturevillage.com mailing list, you agree to follow and be bound by the following terms and conditions:
The following is the terms of the agreement between Furniture Village Inc. ("Company") and the buyer ("Buyer") of goods or services through the Company's Web site shopfurniturevillage.com (the "Site"). If you do not agree to these terms, you will not be able to purchase anything, so please review these terms carefully:
1. Introduction. Buyer agrees to the terms and conditions outlined in this Online Contract ("Contract") with respect to the goods, services and information provided by or through the Site. This Contract and the posted terms and conditions of sale delivery or pick up, constitutes the entire and only agreement between the Company and Buyer, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties, and understandings with respect to the goods, services and information provided by or through the Site, and the subject matter of this Contract. Buyer agrees to review this Contract prior to purchasing anything and purchase of a good or service shall be deemed acceptance of this Contract.
2. Setup and Payment. Buyer represents and warrants that (i) the credit card information supplied is true, correct and complete and (ii) charges incurred by the Buyer will be honored by the Buyer's credit card company and (iii) Buyer shall pay charges incurred by Buyer at the amounts in effect at the time incurred, including all applicable taxes. Buyer shall be responsible for all charges incurred through use of Buyer's password. Buyer agrees to keep his or her password confidential and to notify Company within 24 hours of any breach of this Contract or unauthorized use of the password. Company does not protect Buyer from unauthorized use of Buyer's password.
3. Copyright. The content, organization, gathering, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Site are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks, and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights, and, the copying, redistribution, use or publication by a Buyer of any such content or any part of the Site is prohibited.
4. Editing, Deleting, and Modification. Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to edit or delete any information or content appearing on the Site and to remove any goods and services for sale. Upon notice published over the Service, Company may modify this Contract, or prices, and may discontinue or revise any or all aspects of the Site in its sole discretion and without prior notice. Modification of this Contract will be deemed effective upon publication on the Site with respect to transactions occurring after said date.
5. Right to Refuse. Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse service at any time. Sale of any goods or services is subject to availability.
6. Indemnification. Buyer agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Company and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable attorney's fees, related to a Buyer's violation of this Contract or use of the Site.
7. Non-Transferable. Buyer's right to use the Service is not transferable and is subject to any limits established by Company or by Buyer's credit card company.
8. Disclaimer. THE SERVICE, CONTENT, GOODS AND SERVICES FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS," "AS AVAILABLE," AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). THE SOLE AND ENTIRE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF COMPANY, FOR ANY REASON, AND BUYER'S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY THE CUSTOMER FOR THE PARTICULAR ITEMS PURCHASED. COMPANY AND ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DEALERS OR SUPPLIERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION, OR THE LIKE), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND BUYER. THIS SITE AND GOODS AND SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. SOME STATE STATUTES MAY APPLY REGARDING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY.
9. Terms and Condition of Sale Delivery or Pick Up. If your merchandise is to be special ordered, you will be given an approximate lead time from your sales person. Estimated delivery times commence on the date Furniture Village receives the full amount of the deposit required for the merchandise you have ordered, and /or final credit approval of the customer by any applicable finance company. Factory lead times are approximations based on the best information available to Furniture Village. Furniture Village cannot be held accountable for any unexpected production delays of any type. Furniture Village's failure to deliver you merchandise by the estimated delivery date will not give you the right to cancel your order without the express written consent of Furniture Village.
Once your merchandise has been received at Furniture Village, you will be notified and a delivery date will be scheduled. Partial payment will be required if a partial delivery is requested or made. Time required for each delivery and travel times may vary, so Furniture Village cannot quote a specific time of day for your delivery, only a 3hr window. Furniture Village's delivery services are normally active between 9:00 am to 6:00 pm: however, extenuating circumstances force deliveries well into the evening. If you are not at home, please arrange for a neighbor or superintendent to accept delivery in your place. You're inability to accept delivery on the agreed scheduled day causes extra handling and results in delay in completing your delivery. Delivery is expensive and therefore re-delivery charges will be charged to you if no one is home to accept delivery on the scheduled date of delivery.
When you select your merchandise, be certain that it will fit through your doorways, stair wells, corridors, elevators, and other restricted areas. Additional charges for unusual time incurred oversized pieces, or any unusual delivery conditions will be paid by the customer. Furniture Village's failure to deliver you merchandise due to the inability of the merchandise to fit through restricted areas will not give you the right to cancel your order without the express written consent of Furniture Village. Merchandise that is approved for return will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. This applies to stock items only and specifically excludes special order items. Special order items cannot be returned, exchanged, or cancelled.
Nationwide Delivery (For customers outside of the Chicago land/ Illinois Area)
Orders are taken and processed within 24 hours of placing them. The customer will be notified at that time of approximate delivery times. We are conservative by saying 3-4 weeks because if an item is in stock, it is usually picked up from our wholesaler's warehouse within 6 days. Then from there it's just approximately 3-12 days depending on your location.
To get an accurate ship quote call 888.478.0006 and ask for a quote.
Orders placed with Furniture Village are our top priority and immediately enter the process to ultimately create a happy, repeat customer. Approximate timeframes are currently in the 3-4 weeks range for most deliveries. If an item is out of stock, and needs to be ordered from the factory, or if it is a special order item or you are in a remote area (more then 30 miles from a major airport or major city) this may also cause delays.
Local Pickup and Showroom Access
All pick ups are to be made from our store / warehouse located at 6245 s Archer rd, Summit IL 60501. You may pick up your merchandise from there free of charge!
We offer local delivery and setup in Illinois, and some parts of Wisconsin and Indiana. Please call for details 708-458-9411
Please note that Furniture Village is not responsible for the handling of the merchandise once it leaves our warehouse when it is a customer pick up.Please inspect all merchandise on pick up in warehouse. Because of this, any damage that occurs AFTER the product has left our warehouse is not the responsibility of Furniture Village. However, in the instance damage occurs, we will do all we can to help the customer file a claim and resolve the matter accordingly. When the merchandsie is delivered, please inspect all merchandise before siging the delivery invoice. after the delivery invoice is signed, no damage claims may be made. Please make any damage notes on the invoice befroe it is signed. Warranty issues are a separate thing. You may make warranty claims anytime during the factory warranty period which range from 1year to lifetime depending on item and factory. Please contact us for details.
Layaway Terms and Conditions
Furniture village is not liable for any items that are discontinued during the customer's layaway period. If furniture village is notified of said discontinuation prior to discontinuation by the manufacturer, furniture village will attempt to notify the customer. The customer will then have the option to fully pay for the item earlier and guarantee delivery of merchandise before any previous payments transpire into store credit. Although furniture village attempts to notify the customer of any discontinuations, this doesn't hold furniture village accountable for the discontinued item. Any items discontinued will automatically convert any previous payments into non-refundable store credit.
All payments are to be made punctually and according to the payment terms. The customer is given a five day grace period immediately following the due date. If payment is not received by the end of the fifth day there will be a "20% of payment" late fee applied to the account per scheduled payment missed. Furniture Village also holds the right to cancel a layaway agreement at any time after the grace period has passed, and no payment has been received by furniture village, without refund or store credit of prior payments or down payment. All terms and conditions of sale also apply.
10. Use of Information. Company reserves the right, and Buyer authorizes Company, to the use and assignment of all information regarding Buyer's use of the Site and all information provided by Buyer, subject to applicable law.
11. Miscellaneous. This Contract shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Summit, Illinois, and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and of the State of Illinois (without regard to conflict of law principles). Any cause of action of Buyer with respect to the Site must be instituted within six (6) months after any purchase or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in Section 8. The language in this Contract shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with this Contract shall be brought solely in Summit, Illinois and Buyer expressly submits to the jurisdiction of said courts and Buyer consents to extra-territorial service of process. Should any part of this Contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. To the extent that anything in or associated with the Site or the Company is in conflict or inconsistent with this Contract, this Contract shall take precedence. Failure of Company to enforce any provision of this Contract shall not be deemed a waiver of such provision nor of the right to enforce such provision.